Sunday, June 16, 2013

Father's Day

Today is a day for Dads.
So this is a post for the two special fathers in my life - for Pete, fabulous dad to our kids; and my much-loved, much-missed Dad.
Father's Day is hard for me nowadays. It's Dad's birthday on Tuesday too, so for me, June is a month filled with bittersweet memories and difficult moments in the greeting card aisle at the supermarket.
I had to change a fuse this week, and I found my spare fuses in an envelope, labelled in Dad's handwriting.
It might be almost four years since he died, but things like that still leave me broken.
I miss him so much. We all do.
So today I'm thankful - that my husband is such an amazing father to our children, and that I was privileged to have a Dad who really was head and shoulders above the rest.

No comments: