Saturday, November 14, 2009

November 14, 2009

Hi folks.
Nice day today. Pete was at a Little Hearts Matter meeting all day, so Charlie and I headed over to Nanny's.
We took her to the garden centre for some lunch and a little wander round. Charlie was really pleased when we bumped into his Uncle Ian (my brother), Aunty Suzi and his cousin Ellie in the coffee shop.
Today was just a leisurely, ordinary sort of day, but it was nice to spend some time with Mum and to wander around the garden centre looking at the (early) Christmas decorations.
It was good - if sometimes sad - to be able to chat about Dad, while having a break from all the 'official' stuff like bank accounts, death certificates and other things that take the focus away from the Dad we knew and loved, before the cancer. I've said it before, and I have no doubt I'll say it again, but I miss him so much. So much.
We have lots of stuff to do around the house tomorrow - I have a mountain of ironing, Charlie needs to carry on with his thank-you letters and do his homework, and we need to find permanent places for all his birthday presents to live. Plus we need to make time to play all the fabulous new games he was given last week! Also on the agenda tomorrow is a haircut for Charlie. He's needed it cutting for a month or so, but I just haven't got round to it, so I think it's longer than it's ever been. Bring on the clippers! I'll post a pic if it turns out ok!
That's about it from our neck of the woods, really - only other news is that we have a fantabulous new kettle, which Mum gave us for our anniversary. I've never seen a kettle like it! When you turn it on, the water glows blue, and as it gets closer to boiling, the light cycles through rainbow colours until it turns red once it starts to boil. Quite possibly the coolest piece of kitchen equipment we've ever owned - thanks Mum! The only problem is, our electricity bill is going to be sky-high because Charlie keeps wanting me to boil the kettle so he can watch the lights! (We've decided we don't need a Christmas tree this year - we're just going to put our presents around the kettle!)

No comments: