Wednesday, December 09, 2009

December 9, 2009

Hi folks. Sorry for the slight delay in posting - and for keeping you all dangling as to what we did last weekend... I was all set to write a long update post this afternoon, including all the pics from Charlie's Christmas plays, but our Internet connection is not playing ball. I think the server is down because it says I'm online, but won't let me open any sites. (I feel like my arm's been cut off!)
So I'll update properly tomorrow, assuming everything is working again.
The only important news that won't wait until tomorrow is that we had a call from the hospital in Birmingham yesterday, and they have postponed our appointment again - this time until January 8. I can't say I'm upset though, because I have a horrible feeling that they might give us a date for surgery when we see them, and I'm quite happy living in blissful ignorance - at least until after Christmas.
I have to admit, I'm not really feeling particularly festive. If I'm honest, all the Christmassy stuff is making me feel pretty miserable. Charlie, of course, is full of Christmas spirit, but I just feel like listening to sad music, eating too much chocolate and sitting in a corner, crying. (Note to self: Next time 'My Immortal' by Evanescence comes on the radio while driving, turn it off STRAIGHT AWAY. Seriously teary eyes are NOT conducive to safe driving.)
I think I said a few posts ago that there would come a point when everything would catch up with me and hit me like a ton of bricks, and I have a horrible feeling that I can hear the ominous whistling sound as a pallet full of building materials plummets towards me.
But who knows? I might feel fine tomorrow morning. That's the way it goes with grief - you never know if or when it's going to catch you unawares and knock your legs out from under you.
Anyway, it's late, I'm tired and it's too hard to type for too long on my iPhone (much as I love it). So I'm going to bed. As always, please excuse any iPhone-related typos. Fingers crossed I can get back online tomorrow to upload a few pics.
I can hear Charlie breathing through the baby monitor (yes, I know he's six - maybe I should call it a big boy monitor?) so I think I'll go and snuggle with him for a few minutes before I go to bed. Cuddles are definitely the best medicine.

No comments: