Monday, January 25, 2010

Aaaaaaargh.

I just answered my phone and found the surgeon's secretary on the the other end.
'Hello, is that Charlie's mum? I'm only ringing because we've got a free slot for an operation this week and wondered if you might like to come in sooner rather than later...'
I thanked her for her offer and politely declined.
I've barely got my head around the op being in four weeks - never mind four days.
Maybe I should have said yes, but I just couldn't do it.
I wonder how many more calls like that we'll get?
I think my nerves are going to be in tatters before spring gets here.

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Wonder if the secretary was expecting that answer?

I certainly don't blame you for waiting. Praying for you (Charlie too, but I know you're worried ... so I'm praying for you to worry less)

The Cryer Family said...

I got butterflies just reading your post, so how you are feeling, I can't imagine Ali.