Thursday, March 11, 2010

March 11, 2010

Steam is our friend.
Charlie has been spending so much time in the company of steam and Vick's Vapo-Rub this past few days, he smells like an old man. In fact, I'm surprised you can't smell it through your computer screen.
Scratch and sniff internet... hmmmm. Maybe there's a market for that.
He's still coughing, but I think it's getting less. Having said that, he coughed himself sick again last night, but by some miracle he hasn't lost any weight, which is one less thing to worry about.
He still doesn't look well - he's pale with black circles under his eyes, and a runny nose - but he doesn't look particularly blue, which is a good thing.
It's so strange, I've spent the last few years doing everything I can to avoid, delay and defer his Fontan surgery, but now we're SO close to finally crossing that huge hurdle, I really don't want a stupid cough to put a spanner in the works.
Hey ho. I guess we'll just have to wait and see.
I know I still haven't posted Charlie's Build-a-Bear pics, and I have to report back on the parent's evening feedback I had from his teacher today (we scheduled our chat for this morning, because the parents' evenings are on March 22 and 23, and we're 'otherwise engaged' for both of those days!) Plus, Charlie received a very cool present through the post this morning, which merits a picture of its own, so watch this space for an update post fairly soon.
For the time being, here's a steamy photo of Charlie in his towel tent!

No comments: