Sunday, March 21, 2010

March 21, 2010

Well, I should be packing, but I thought I'd write a quick post before I get stuck into it.
Charlie is still improving - I'd say he's at about 95% now - hardly coughing at all, with a slightly snotty nose. We're hoping and praying that he's clear by Tuesday, because although the cardiac liaison nurse has reassured us that it's unlikely to impact on the op because his chest is clear, I want him to be going into theatre in the best possible condition.
We had a really nice day yesterday - we let Charlie choose what he did for the day, so we ended up at the Dr Who exhibition, had lunch at a Chinese restaurant, and then went to watch Alice in Wonderland in 3D at the IMAX cinema. Then we went back to the Dr Who exhibition (our tickets let us go in and out as many times as we liked!), then had a coffee, and finished off with another tour of the Dr Who exhibition!
Today we need to get packing, buy the last few bits we need and get the house tidy before tomorrow. This is so surreal.
Oh - I've been meaning to show you a fab present that was sent to Charlie by my supremely creative friend, Helen. She has recently started quilting (I can barely find time to make the beds, never mind make the covers to go ON the beds) and she sent Chas this brilliant quilty picture... We're going to take it to hospital to stick on the end of the bed so everyone knows who he is! Thanks Helen!
Today would have been my mum and dad's 51st wedding anniversary. I can't believe a year has flown by since we threw a party for their Golden Wedding. I posted about it here last year. It's amazing how much can change in just 12 short months.
I miss my dad so much. Especially now. I can't count the number of times I've just wanted to pick up the phone and talk to him, particularly as Charlie's surgery gets closer and closer.
Not much more news for now, and I really need to go and get cracking with the preparations for tomorrow. I'll put up a post tomorrow as soon as we know whether we're going up to Birmingham or not.
We continue to appreciate all your prayers, positive thoughts and love.

No comments: