Thursday, July 29, 2010

July 29, 2010

Hi folks.
I don't know if you've noticed before, but in the blogroll on the
left, there's a link to a blog that I've been reading for a few years
- Ashley's Journal.
Ashley is a little girl who was given a transplanted liver, bowel, and
possibly some other organs, when she was tiny.
She's now almost five and is in acute (and apparently irreversible)
rejection.
Obviously we don't know the family at all, other than what we read on
their blog, but they have been in my thoughts so much lately.
Ashley is very, very poorly, and her parents are in a nightmareish
position - a situation in which any parent of a child with a
potentially life-limiting condition dreads finding themselves.
Charlie is so well and wonderful at the moment, and we enjoy every
minute of every day, but I would be lying if I said that the spectre
of an eventual heart transplant - along with all the accompanying
problems - doesn't rear its ugly head in my mind from time to time.
I read every day what this family is going through, and what this
beautiful little girl is going through, and can't help but think
'There, but for the grace of God, go I'.

Sent from my iPhone

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I've been checking in on poor little Ashley every morning and night, it really doesn't bear thinking about and my thoughts and prayers are with them all kel x