Thursday, October 07, 2010

Another golden moment...

Charlie and I went to the dentist this afternoon. We haven't been
since just before he had his surgery.
As we walked to the dentist today, I couldn't help but remember the
last time we went.
It was February, cold, wet and windy. We were (as normal) running a
bit late.
I didn't have Charlie's buggy with me, so I was trying to run with him
so we wouldn't miss our appointment.
He couldn't do it.
We got six steps before he was dragging on my arm, breathless and a
bit blue.
I had to pick him up and run to the dentist, carrying him in my arms,
and then half drag/half carry him up the stairs because he was still
really puffed.
I didn't think anything of it.
That was just our normal.
I'd completely forgotten about it until today.
We were running slightly late (again!) but this time Charlie took off
like a whippet, raced all the way to the dentist with me in his wake,
and then scampered up the stairs before standing at the top, hands on
hips, calling 'come on, slowcoach!'
I couldn't stop smiling.
This is our new normal.
I'm not used to it yet.
But I like it.

Sent from my iPhone

1 comment:

Helen said...

Hurray!!! Love it!