Sunday, October 03, 2010

Wow, wow, wow!

It's the half-time interval at the Les Miserables 25th Anniversary
Concert and I am blown away!
The O2 Arena is packed to the gunnels and the show so far - with a
massive chorus and huge orchestra - is just fantastic!
I'm thinking Alfie Boe might even be just slightly edging Colm
Wilkinson as my favourite Valjean ever... he's giving me goosebumps
every time he opens his mouth!
Matt Lucas is a bit different - but very funny! - as Thenardier (although he seems to be
cycling through his Little Britain characters one by one... and I think he might have already missed two cues. Doh.)
Nick Jonas is a rather breathy Marius, and I must admit to rather
missing Michael Ball's cheerful bellowing, but so far this has been an
amazing afternoon... and I've still got the whole second half to come!

No comments: