Sunday, April 01, 2012

April 1, 2012

Hi folks.
Well, there goes March. I really hope time starts slowing down a bit soon or I'll be drawing my pension before you know it.
Charlie has finally recovered from his tummy bug - it really was a nasty one, which seemed to linger on and on. He's eating normally now, so hopefully he'll regain the weight he lost before too long.
He breaks up on Thursday for the Easter holiday - so he's only got a four day week, which is nice.
Rosie is starting to sit up pretty well now without support, although she still needs somebody/a cushion nearby for when she decides to throw herself backwards (or roll sideways and faceplant on the floor!) She's going to enjoy being able to sit up, I think - it'll be much easier for her to play with her toys.
She's still teething and her poor gums are very swollen - one of her lower teeth is definitely on the way through, but it's really taking its time. She's still enjoying her food though - it'd take more than a few sore teeth to stop her from tucking into her dinner!
Charlie still makes her smile and laugh more than anyone - you can see how much they love each other just watching them play together.
It really makes me happy. I know there's eight years between them, but hopefully they'll be friends as they grow up.
Big brothers are something special - I have two, who are 15 and 12 years older than me respectively - and when I was growing up, I thought they were the coolest people in the whole world.
Even though I'm an adult now, I still know that if I need them, both of my brothers are there for me.
And I have a sneaking suspicion that Rosie will have exactly the same kind of relationship with HER big brother!
Anyway, it may only be 10pm, but I'm tired, so goodnight for now, and here's to a happy, healthy April!

Sent from my iPhone

No comments: