Monday, September 17, 2012

First steps

Rosie's been standing unsupported for longer and longer periods, and today she took what I would call her first 'proper' steps.
She stood with her back to the sofa and took 3-4 steps to reach me, and then did it again and again! Still only 3-4 steps each time, but she was so pleased with herself, I don't think it will be long before she's doing even more.
She started coming down with what looks like yet another cold today - hardly surprising now Charlie's gone back to school again, but not really ideal on top of sore gums. :-(
One other little Rosie 'thing' that's not really important, but I want to record because it's very sweet and I don't want to forget as she gets older, is her little pre-sleep routine.
Whenever I put her into her cot, she rolls straight onto her tummy, sticks her bottom up in the air, grabs her Tigger blankie with her right hand and pulls it under her tummy, and then puts both arms straight out backwards behind her, up in the air, waiting for me to put her blankets over her.
As soon as she feels her blankets on her back, she grabs them with both hands, pulls them round her sides, up under her chin and tucks herself in like a little bundle.
It's one of the cutest things I've ever seen - I wish I could catch it on video but it's nearly always too dark!
So I'm recording it here instead!

Sent from my iPhone

No comments: