Sunday, April 14, 2013

Pop-art Charlie and washing-watching...

Hi folks - I've been a bit under the weather this week, so blogging has taken a bit of a back seat.
I know I still need to write about the Alfie Boe concert Charlie and I went to last week (which was pretty amazing... just wait until you hear about it!) and I also need to do an 18-month(ish) post for Rosie-Pie, but I'll do both of those later when I've got a bit more time.
Charlie's studying art and artists at school this term, and he's been doing a lot of Andy Warhol-style pop art. He was pretty pleased to find out that I had a photo app on my phone to turn any image into pop art... you can see the results of his experimenting above!
He's got a three-week intensive swimming course coming up with school, so I need to speak to his teacher to make sure that they manage him ok. He's usually alright in the water, but if the instructor has the kids getting in and out of the water and standing on the side while they're waiting their turn, he'll get cold very quickly. He's doing brilliantly with his swimming though, and was awarded his Level 4 badge and certificate at his last lesson.
Rosie is on good form - she's getting so grown up, and is still madly in love with Mr Tumble off 'Something Special'. I'm quite amazed how much Makaton sign language she's picking up from the programme.
She's saying more and more words too - she's really sussed out the 'ee' sound this week, so we've had 'please', 'cheese' and 'seeds' amongst other words.
I don't know if you remember the picture of her when she was really little, sitting in her Bumbo seat, watching the clothes going round and round in the dryer - well, washing-watching is obviously still good fun, because this week I found her sitting on the floor in front of the washing machine, watching the laundry spinning while scribbling on a bit of paper with my zebra-print biro!
Who needs toys, eh!
Hope you've all had a good weekend!

No comments: