Tuesday, February 14, 2017

Grandpa's Tie

Well, Charlie and Pete have just set off for the station on their journey to the House of Lords.
There's a smart dress code, which means they both have to wear ties.
I know I've said on here before that my Dad was a 'tie man'.
He'd have worn a tie to the beach if we'd let him. (In fact, I'm sure there's an old black and white photo somewhere of Dad at a church youth camp, playing football in shorts, with a sports jacket and tie...)
Anyway. When Dad died, Charlie chose a handful of Dad's ties, to keep until he was a big boy.
And this is one of them.
As I tied it for Charlie this morning, around the crisp white collar of his shirt, it brought back so many memories of Dad - all those years when I was a little girl, watching him knot his tie in the bathroom mirror.
He would be SO proud of how far his little Charlie-Boy has come.
And I know Chas feels like he's taking a bit of his Grandpa with him to the House of Lords today.

No comments: