Thursday, August 30, 2012

It's oh so quiet...

No, I'm not going to burst into a rendition of Björk's famous song, but it is indeed VERY quiet in our house tonight.
Charlie is staying with Nanny for a couple of days, so it's just Rosie here at the moment, and she's asleep already.
I have to admit, it freaks me out a bit when Charlie's not here - I'm so used to having him chattering away nineteen to the dozen and I really miss having him around.
But he's already emailed me from his iPod, and we FaceTimed before on Nanny's iPad, so he doesn't seem quite so far away! (And he said he's going to FaceTime again later to say goodnight, so I think he might even miss us a little bit - but don't tell him I said that!)
He's having a lovely time though - he's enjoyed being the man of the house, helping Nanny cut the grass and prune some of the trees in the garden, and they're off on a bus ride to the shops tomorrow.
I think Rosie is a bit bewildered by his absence - she's been crawling around, peering behind all the doors, calling for 'LaLa'. She was very happy to see him on the iPad - but I think she was slightly confused that he was there with Nanny, instead of here with her!
She woke up this morning with a cold so she's been sneezing lots and wiping her snotty nose all over me today. Hopefully she'll get a decent night's sleep and will feel better tomorrow.

No comments: