Monday, September 03, 2012

Fun at the science museum

We took the kids to the science museum in Bristol today and they had a fab time!
I think Rosie had almost as much fun as Charlie did - she particularly liked the light maze with all the dangly fibre optics! She also really enjoyed sharing the curried green bean soup I had for my lunch in the café there... I'm starting to think there really isn't anything she won't eat!
(And no, I've never had curried green bean soup before either - not necessarily what I was expecting when I ordered soup of the day, but it was yummy... if a bit green.)
Charlie was quite taken with the perception-altering goggles - they made his eyes look really strange - the pair he's wearing in the picture were supposed to replicate what happens to your vision and perception when you are very drunk.
He thought it was hysterical - he couldn't build a block tower properly, draw around a pattern or even make contact while trying to give me a high-five! (It gave a whole new meaning to the phrase 'beer goggles!)
We were there all day and the two of them played themselves silly, until Rosie finally crashed out while Chas and I were stargazing in the planetarium.
So - one more day of school hols left. What shall we do tomorrow? :-)

No comments: