Sunday, February 15, 2009

February 15, 2009

We promised you a chocolate snowman in the last post, and here he is...

I'm actually quite surprised there's a snowman there at all, because Charlie wouldn't stop munching all the white chocolate drops we were supposed to be melting - but like I'm sure I've said before on here, any calories are good in this household! (As far as Charlie's concerned, anyway!)

Charlie was very pleased with how his snowman turned out (although I'm actually quite glad ate the chocolate at the beginning, because he's very sentimental about his snowman now, and doesn't want to eat him at all! Although Pete might have something to say about that...)

It's our first foray into the world of chocolate modelling, and I'm now full of admiration for all those chocolatiers who make the complicated models, because it takes AGES - layer on layer on layer of chocolate in the mould, and then it's a nightmare to join the two halves together! I'd rather make a dalek birthday cake any day!

Anyway, I'd better fly - it's Charlie's bedtime, and we've got a busy day at the farm tomorrow, assuming the weather's ok. Back soon!

No comments: