Tuesday, March 24, 2009

I must be MAD!!!

Hi everyone - just a quick note to let you know that I've done something TOTALLY mad - bearing in mind that 'exercise' is a rude word in our household and I am completely unfit...
I've just signed up to do the Race for Life in June (and I'm putting it on the blog so I can't bottle out at a later date!)
For those of you who don't know, the Race for Life is a women-only race - admittedly only 5km, but that's considerably further than I've run in, oh, at least two decades!
The race is run to raise funds for Cancer Research - and it just feels like the right thing to do, what with everything that's going on with my dad at the moment.
So, on June 13 (yes, that's less than three months away - better clear out the garage so I can get back on the treadmill!) I'll be off and running with hundreds of other (hopefully equally unfit) women, who all want to do something to help find new and better ways of beating cancer.
I'd be really grateful if anyone feels like sponsoring me - it doesn't matter how much or how little, because EVERY penny goes straight to Cancer Research. I've set up an online sponsorship form and I'll put the link at the bottom of this post, but I'll also leave it in the sidebar until the big day.
So, please sponsor me, if you're able, because if no-one sponsors me I'll have yet another reason to bottle out of doing it!
I'll keep you posted!



(...I must be mad!)

No comments: