Monday, March 08, 2010

March 8, 2010

Hi again.
Well, I took Charlie to the GP this morning, and the good news is that his bug appears to be viral rather than bacterial - so he doesn't have any infections and his chest is nice and clear.
The bad news is that there's no quick fix, and antibiotics probably won't do any good, so we just have to sit and wait it out.
Charlie seems brighter in himself, but he coughed himself sick this afternoon again. It's so frustrating when he's sick - all those hard-won calories, wasted.
Our brilliant GP, Dr S, agreed with me this morning that we need to get this bug knocked on the head pronto, so he gave me a 'just-in-case' prescription for some antibiotics, and said that if Charlie is no better (and is still spiking temperatures) by Friday, we should start him on the antibiotics, so any nasties will be well and truly zapped before we go to hospital.
Chas has been off school today, and will be definitely be off tomorrow too. We'll have to see how he is on Wednesday. I guess another couple of days won't hurt because his attendance record is going to be ruined this year anyway.
I'll keep you posted.


cici said...

Praying for little Charlie for a quick recovery. I used to worry about School attendance when my children were small, but I wasted lot of time and energy, because the work was usually made up and it didn't make a difference in the long run. Just relax Mom.
Health comes first and other parents should be thanking you ;)

The Cryer Family said...

Sending bug zapping thoughts your way.... hope things clear up fast xxx