Monday, April 19, 2010

April 19, 2010

I just did Charlie's first INR test at home. I'm so proud of him. He
cried when he remembered I had to do it, but washed his hand in warm
water, chose a finger to prick, and proffered his hand with no
protest. I held his hand to make sure it stayed still while I pricked
it, but I didn't have to use any force.
As soon as it was done, he dried his eyes and said 'That didn't hurt,
actually. It's just thinking about it that's worse.'
My brave boy is learning some valuable lessons - often the
anticipation of an event is worse than the event itself.
I forget sometimes that he's only six - he's so wise and grown up
sometimes.
Oh, for the record, his INR is perfect at 2.3!

Sent from my iPhone

2 comments:

Jenny said...

That's great news!!! :):) So glad things are doing so well. :)

Ann Fisher said...

Well done Chas! Hope it all goes OK at the hospital today.
Ann xx