Friday, April 02, 2010

Long day

It's been a long day, and Charlie's still feeling sore and sad.
His chest drain is barely draining, but his chest is still full of
fluid on the right side so I don't think there is any chance of them
taking it out tomorrow. They may try to wiggle it to see if they can
get the end of it into the fluid (which doesn't bear thinking about -
Charlie can't stand his drain being touched, let alone wiggled.) If
all else fails, he'll have to have another one put in. Although it
would help to get us on the road home, I'd hate for him to go through
yet another procedure.
No news at all today with regard to the pacemaker situation.
Charlie is still far from his normal self. Although we have brief
moments with smiles or giggles, most of the time he is quiet, easily
upset and very easily tired. He isn't talking much at all, and has
very little patience with anything.
Having said that, he is still being very good for the nurses and
doctors and is complying with everything they ask him.
I really hope he has a good night's sleep tonight, and that tomorrow
is a better day for him.

Sent from my iPhones

2 comments:

Ann Fisher said...

Ah bless him, I know I would feel totally fed up and awful with all those tubes and wires and not getting a good nights sleep in my own bed. He is doing so well, tell him we're all so enormously proud of him and can't wait for him to come home. Lots of love to you all, Ann. xxxxxxxx

Anonymous said...

you'll be home before you know it, as ann said we are all just so proud of him, all my love kelly xxxxx