Friday, April 09, 2010

Still waiting...

The perils of being third on the theatre list... if the first or
second operations run over time, you end up delayed.
We're still on the ward, waiting for the summons to the anaesthetic
room.
Charlie is pretty bright and breezy again today, and quite like his
normal sunny self - it's such a nightmare to know that he'll probably
be feeling pretty rotten again before too long.
I just hope this third surgery does the trick - I am beyond tired of
putting Charlie through it over and over again.
In a way it wouldn't have been so bad if he had gone back to theatre
in the immediate post-operative days - but it's been two-and-a-half
weeks now and he has healed so beautifully - it seems criminal to send
him all the way back to square one again.
He is sitting in bed enjoying a story with Nanny at the moment - I
hope it's not too long before they call for him - I don't know how
much longer we've got before he realises he's actually pretty hungry
and thirsty.
I'll update again when he goes to theatre.

Sent from my iPhone

No comments: