Sunday, June 06, 2010

June 6, 2010

Hi folks - humble apologies for my total lack of blogging this past week. We have had a totally manic half-term - Charlie has been out and about every day having lots and lots of fun!
He has been wonderfully well, and is continuing to amaze us with his new-found energy and zest for life! He had his first ever ride on a helter-skelter on Friday - he's wanted to go on one for as long as I can remember, but hasn't been able to, because there was no way he'd have been able to get himself up the stairs before.
But now, he virtually galloped up the steps and threw himself down the slide with great gusto - so fast, in fact, that I missed him with the camera!
I'll write a proper post about what he got up to over half-term when I get five minutes (ie once he's back at school!) but I just wanted to let you all know that we're at the hospital here in Cardiff tomorrow for his first 'normal' outpatient appointment since his surgery.
I can't wait for them to tell us that everything is ok. I know from watching him run around that realistically there can't be much wrong, but his baseline 'normal' has altered so dramatically that I've lost a bit of confidence in my mother's intuition.
Before the op, I knew every nuance of his breathing, colour, heart-rate, energy levels - all of it. If he wasn't well, or was brewing something, I knew - way before anyone else picked up on it. But now, he's so different. So pink, so energetic, so un-breathless - not to mention the addition of a pacemaker and warfarin - and I don't know this new Charlie quite so well.
I'm not quite so sure of myself, knowing when to worry and when to ignore things.
Obviously I think he's doing wonderfully, but I'll be jolly glad when I hear Dr Onuzo agree with me!
I'll post asap with the results of tomorrow's appointment (I'm hoping that his sats still start with a 9-!) and I promise I'll write a proper update post with a few pics really soon - I'm attaching one of Charlie in the garden the other day though - just to tide you over!!
Thanks for checking in! Cheerio for now!

1 comment:

Jenny said...

So happy to hear that everything is going so well! Praying for a great appointment for Charlie tomorrow!