Monday, August 09, 2010

Happy Birthday, Mum!

Today is my mum's birthday. Charlie and I went over to spend the day
with her, and to take her out for a birthday lunch.
It was a lovely day, with all of my siblings coming to visit
throughout the day.
We all missed Dad today - none of us more than Mum. It's hard not to
look back and remember that this time last year he was here with us.
He was pretty poorly but celebrated the day with Mum nonetheless, and
he was so delighted that she was so pleased with the netbook he had
bought her.
It's crazy to think that this is the first birthday Mum has had
without him in 50-odd years - they started courting when she was only
17.
But even so, I think Mum enjoyed her day - much more than she had
expected to.
Charlie really enjoyed being with Nanny, and seeing his aunties,
uncles and cousins was an added bonus!
We're off to the hospital tomorrow morning - Charlie has to have two
fingerpricks to test his INR on our machine and on the hospital
machine to make sure the results tally up. He's pretty chilled about
it so far, although he wants me to do the finger-pricking bit. In a
funny way it's nice to know that he trusts me to do it for him.
I've also said he can choose a little present from the shop on our way
home if he is brave, so I think he's hoping to add to his Lego
collection!
That's about it for now - I'll let you know how Charlie gets on at the
hospital tomorrow!

Sent from my iPhone

No comments: