Thursday, September 02, 2010

Whoosh.

That's the sound the summer holidays make as they disappear over the
horizon, leaving us firmly on the slide down to autumn.
I can't believe Charlie goes back to school tomorrow - I think it
really is true what they say about time going faster as you get older.
It'll be Charlie's birthday before I know it, and then Christmas will
be upon us in no time. (Talking of Charlie's birthday, I'd better
finish writing what I'm going to say at that medical symposium thing
as I'm only half way through it, and I'm speaking the day before
Charlie's birthday. Eek.)
Charlie and I had a nice day today, pottering about in the garden,
reading, playing with the guinea pigs, and having a wander round the
garden centre. It's been a nice holiday - he's certainly packed a lot
in!
He's in bed now (hopefully asleep) - his uniform is out ready,
lunchbag packed and pencil tin duly filled with his new pens and
pencils.
I'll miss him tomorrow - I can't believe he's going into his final
year of infant school already.
Sigh.
Back to school photos will be forthcoming! (I'm looking forward to
comparing them with the last couple of years!)

Sent from my iPhone

2 comments:

Jenny said...

Oh my gosh! Christmas?!? I'm still trying to wrap my mind around summer being gone. :)

Anonymous said...

hope he has a fab first day back, loads of love x kel xx