Saturday, November 19, 2011

The joys of winter...

Both Charlie and Rosie are full of cold - Charlie stayed home from school yesterday because he's got a barking cough and a sore throat.
He's feeling ok in himself at the moment, but is still coughing a bit.
Rosie has got a very snotty nose - poor little soul, it's horrid because she can't blow it. She's sneezing quite a bit though so she's getting rid of some of it.
She doesn't seem to be feeling too ill though as she's still smiling at Charlie!
She slept well last night too - only waking once at about 3.30am, and then sleeping through until about 8am. We put some towels under her mattress so she was on more of an incline, and had a humidifier running through the night. I put some Snuffle Babe on a tissue inside her sleeping bag, so it wasn't on her skin at all and couldn't get in her eyes, but her body heat still made it smell. I know you aren't strictly supposed to use it for babies under three months, but to be honest, she's had a stronger waft of Olbas Oil every time Charlie has held her this week!
So, that's what we're up to - my first experience of looking after TWO poorly kids! (I can't say I'm looking forward to them having simultaneous vomiting bugs... you know how I feel about scraping sick out of the carpet!!)
I'm feeling hopelessly disorganised for Christmas - there are so many things I need to get done. Plus Charlie has barely started his birthday thank you notes (I've only just finished the ones for all the lovely presents Rosie had when she was born!) - I think I need to write a to-do list!
Happy Saturday everyone!

Sent from my iPhone

No comments: