Sunday, March 10, 2013

Happy Mother's Day!

Hi folks.
Well, I've had a really lovely day today and have been thoroughly spoiled.
Charlie's school had its usual Mother's Day shop this week and he had lots of fun buying things for me with his pocket money, then sneaking them home and hiding them until this morning!
I had some lovely pressies from the kids - a new pen with a flashing heart on, some lip balm, some delicious Charlie-made peppermint creams, a mug with 'Queen of Mummies' written on it, a basket of flowers and a rose-scented Yankee Candle jar. (I'll give you three guesses who the rosy candle was from!!)
I LOVE Yankee Candles - one of my friends bought me one of the wax tart burners a couple of years ago and I use it all the time, so it's a real treat to have a huge candle too!
I had a card from Rosie and one from Charlie, which he had signed from himself and Will.
It warmed my heart to see both of my boys' names on the card, and it made me so proud.
Chas feels such a connection with his elder brother - I always hoped that he'd have a sense of Will's 'realness' despite never having met him, and I am so glad that he does.
As far as Charlie is concerned, it's very simple - he has a big brother and a little sister, and both are equally real and important to him.
He loves to talk about what he and Will might have done if Will had been able to stay with us, as well as imagining all the things Will and Grandpa might be getting up to in Heaven.
He is truly a very special boy, with wisdom far beyond his years, and I am SO proud to be his mother.

Pete let me have a lie-in this morning before he took Charlie swimming, which was sheer bliss - I don't want diamonds or designer handbags - give me an extra hour's sleep any day!
Rosie and I had a fun morning on our own and then after Chas and Pete got back from swimming, and Rosie woke up from her sleep, we went over to Mum's for a couple of hours which was lovely.
Charlie and Rosie were so pleased to see Nanny - they speak to her every day via FaceTime, but Chas doesn't see her in person as much as he'd like during term-time. He's already planning his next overnighter during the holidays!
We treated the kids to a McDonald's tea on the way home. (And no, I didn't have a McD's - it's not my idea of a treat!!)
A nice lady there gave both kids a balloon and Rosie had so much fun tap-dancing on the tiled floor and waving her balloon around, while stealing slurps of Pete's milkshake!
Both kids are in bed now and Pete and I are watching a detective show on the telly... although blogging during the first 20 minutes of a murder mystery is NOT a good idea - I haven't a clue who's been murdered or what's going on, and it drives Pete mad when I ask for a recap of what's been happening!

I feel totally blessed today - to have had three beautiful, wonderful children, a fabulous husband, and, of course, the best mum in the world.

My cup runneth over.


Sent from my iPhone

No comments: