Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Missing my boy!

Well, Charlie's been at Nanny's all day, and he's (hopefully!) fast asleep at her house right now!
He's been so excited to go and stay with her - Rosie and I dropped him off this morning, and he was shooing us out of the door as quickly as he could!
He's FaceTimed me a couple of times today, and Rosie loved talking to him - although she was a bit baffled by him being at Nanny's house!
It feels very quiet here without him (even though Rosie makes plenty of noise in her own right...) and I'm missing him lots already.
He's having a fabulous time though, and he and Nanny are off to the mall on the bus tomorrow.
I think Rosie and I will head to the garden centre for a wander - she'll have fun in the softplay, and my house will stay tidy for a bit longer!
She really made me smile today - I gave her a pile of halved grapes with her lunch, and popped back into the kitchen to tidy the dishes. When I came back in, she was just finishing arranging them in a line, as you can see in the pic.
I asked her what she was doing and she told me she had made a caterpillar!
She's such a little pickle and her imagination is getting more vivid every day! (And obviously she's retained something from the 1,001 times I've read 'The Very Hungry Caterpillar' to her!!)

No comments: