Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Eek.

Charlie is off on his outward bound school residential trip tomorrow. He's very excited and I'm ever-so-slightly nervous about it!
His bag is packed, his medication is sorted for his teachers, and barring a few last-minute things I need to stick in his suitcase in the morning, he's ready to rock and roll.
I'm so pleased that he is able to go, and that he'll be able to join in with most of the activities they'll be doing. It feels like such a big achievement to get him to this point - after all the meetings and risk-assessments we've been through!
I have to say, I wish it was June rather than November (it's been a challenge fitting enough layers in his pretty small suitcase...) and I am hoping fervently that the weather will stay dry for them.
I remember going on my first residential trip with school when I was the same age as Charlie. We went to a hotel in Tenby for a week and I loved every minute of it! I have no doubt that Chas will feel exactly the same way about his first trip away on his own (but I'd be lying if I said I'm not already looking forward to Friday afternoon when he comes home again... and yes, it is only 2.5 days, but I'm his mother - I'm allowed to worry!!)
I'll try to snap a pic of my intrepid little traveller tomorrow - but for now, here's a pic of Chas and Rosie trying out his new sleeping bag!

No comments: