Saturday, June 14, 2014

A couple of pics...

Rosie's very into 'bat and ball' at the moment. She doesn't care if it's tennis, or cricket or even golf. So long as she gets to swing an implement at something vaguely round, she's happy. It was a wooden sword and a rubber egg yesterday.
She doesn't make contact very often, but I thought her cricketing stance was quite good for a little 'un! (But then again, what do I know about cricket...)
The rain has finally stopped for a bit too, so we went for a little walk yesterday with her baby buggy. She's not particularly bothered with dollies really, she's more into Spiderman or Batman, or the 'Bottom Hee-Hees' aka Minions from Despicable Me. (If that makes no sense to you, you'll have to scroll back a few posts to my first post about Universal Studios!!)
But having said all that, she does rather like this particular dolly. A friend of my sister's sent it for her, and it's one of those that makes noises when you squeeze its tummy. It cries, says mama and dada, giggles and snores quietly. But Rosie's not very interested in those sounds - her favourites are the loud burping noise, and the tinkle-tinkle wee noise it makes. I sometimes wonder if she's secretly a boy, because toilet humour is SO her thing. I've said it before, and I'll say it again - the perils of a ten-year-old brother!
She's very keen on singing too, and is very proud of herself because she's just learned the second verse of Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star.
I also had a rather momentous email the other day - she will be starting playschool (or 'Little School' as she calls it) in September - three afternoons a week. Tuesdays, Thursdays and Fridays.
Rather poignantly, her first day will be September 9 - Will's 12th birthday. :-)
And no, I can't believe he'd be almost 12 now. How time flies by.
Still no news about Charlie's audition - they said it'd be a week or two, so I imagine we might hear some time this week.
It's Father's Day tomorrow. I have to say, it's hard to get excited about it nowadays, without my dad here. The kids enjoy picking up their bits and pieces for Pete, but even though it's almost five years gone by since Dad died, every 'Dad' card or Father's Day present in the shops, every gift idea email or catalogue through the post feels like a swift kick to the solar plexus.
I still hate that he's not here. I miss him so much in every aspect of my life and feel that horrible empty ache of his loss every single day. Sometimes things that remind me of him make me cry; sometimes they make me smile. But either way, he's never far from my thoughts.
And it's his birthday next week too, on the 18th. He'd have been 84.

That's about it for now I think. Back soon.

No comments: