Wednesday, September 20, 2006

September 20, 2006

Well, tomorrow's the big day - Charlie's off to playschool for the first time. He goes at 1.30 and finishes at 3.45 (although once he's settled in he'll start at 1.15). He can't wait to get there, and said yesterday 'I'm going to playschool on Thursday, by myself - WITHOUT Mummy and Daddy!' That certainly told me!
We're very excited about this huge milestone - when Charlie was diagnosed, when I was 16 weeks pregnant - we never even dared dream we might get this far. I've spent a small fortune on little name tags to sew in his clothes.... stick in his shoes.....on his bag....on his cup (OK, I might have got a little carried away when I was ordering them!), but I have to say, seeing his name printed on those little tags, all ready for starting playschool, gives me more of a buzz than seeing it on any cereal box, or national newspaper!!
It goes without saying that we're a bit worried too - hoping that he'll be able to keep up with everyone, that all the bugs he's bound to pick up won't hit him too hard, and that his heart won't hold him back. He's a determined little fellow though, and having only half a heart hasn't stopped him doing anything so far, so I don't see why that should change now.
We are so, so proud of him.

No comments: