Sunday, December 20, 2009

December 20, 2009

Good day today.
We picked Mum up this morning and went out for lunch, and then we headed home and piled into a big jigsaw Charlie won in a raffle. (How sad does that sound?!) I haven't done a jigsaw in years, and we all had quite a laugh doing it. I think Pete's actually a secret jigsaw fan, because he couldn't relax until we'd finally finished it!
This evening we went to the carol service at the church in the village - you can't beat 'Hark the Herald Angels Sing' to make you feel festive. (Although Chas did ask me who 'Heart the Heron' was!)
You'll be pleased to hear that I have written and posted our Christmas cards at last. (That'll teach me to miss the second-class posting date... another twenty-five quid on stamps. Doh.)
Mum's staying here tonight, and we're off to the shops tomorrow to finally finish the Christmas shopping (I hope.) Plus Mum wants to nip to Ikea for a new bookcase - that'll be a job for Pete, the flat-pack king!
No sign of snow here yet, although we did see a little flurry when we were up in the valleys yesterday, but it's pretty nippy here, so we're still keeping our fingers crossed for a white Christmas!
Anyway, it's late, and I'm tired, so I'll sign off for now. Goodnight everyone - back soon!

1 comment:

Deb said...

I hope you get your white Christmas! I just love how kids interpret words to songs, the mouths of babes.

Merry Christmas to you and your family!