Sunday, February 07, 2010

February 7, 2010

Hi folks.
Sorry for the brief hiatus in blogging - it's been such a busy week, and we've just spent the last five hours building Charlie's new bed. You should see the size of the blisters on my hands from the screwdriver - my wedding/engagement rings have caused a particularly nasty one. Ouch.
I missed my dad terribly as we were putting it together.
I know Dad would have been here in a shot helping us to build it - much more quickly and much more professionally than we did.
I miss him so much and it still really hurts. But I know he'd have been proud of me today, (blisters notwithstanding) and it made me smile as I used some of the little tricks he taught me over the years.
Anyway, I'm too worn out to write a proper (long) post on what Charlie's been up to for the past few days, but I just wanted to let you know that we haven't disappeared into the ether.
I'll try to get a proper post up tomorrow... hopefully with some pictures of Charlie's new bed! (He's tickled pink with it, by the way! I just hope he remembers he's four feet off the ground if he needs to get up in the night...)
The only other news that won't wait, is a bit of non-news, really. We still haven't heard from the hospital with a date for Charlie's surgery, so the wait for a brown envelope still continues.
Back soon with a proper update.

1 comment:

The Cryer Family said...

Yay! The bed is built! Well done! Scott and I are contemplating getting 2 double beds and putting them next to each other, as we both like to spread out... it's just the thought of assembling them that is putting me off...