Sunday, April 18, 2010

The first four years...

I've been blogging since 2006, and it suddenly occurred to me that it was around April when I first made this blog for Charlie.
In fact - it was four years ago today that I made my first tentative foray into the blogosphere.
What a four years it has been - many things have stayed the same, but many have changed.

Back then, Pete and I were journeying along together, making each other laugh and keeping each other strong.
Charlie was around two-and-a-half, and hadn't even started playschool when I started writing. His Fontan was looming in the not-too-distant future (or so I thought - I never imagined it would be four years down the line!)
My dad was here with us.

Now, here in 2010, Pete and I are still journeying along together, making each other laugh and keeping each other strong.
Charlie is now six-and-a-half, full of fun, in Year 1 at school and... at last... post-Fontan!
We had to say goodbye to Dad last October, and not a single day has gone by without me missing him, wishing I could call him, and longing to tell him how well his little Charlie-Barley is doing.
But then again, I'm sure he already knows.

We have made so many friends over the past four years, and we are gaining new ones all the time, from all over the world.
It has been so wonderful to hear from so many of you - many for the first time - over the past few weeks, and your support has kept us going through the difficult times. Thank you.

I can hardly wait to see what the next four years has in store.

1 comment:

Gill Cloke said...

Hey, you're gonna have to change that bit on the right now aren'tchoo... the 'welcome to charlie's news' - that finishes aboiut how he's needing another op soon...?!

OH and - see how quickly you get bored with the Q 'so when's his next op...?' !!