Monday, July 12, 2010

July 12, 2010

Our home telephones have broken. The buttons are so worn out that you
have to jab them with a biro to have any hope of dialling a number.
I was about to buy a couple of new ones, then I remembered that Mum
and Dad gave me their old phones when they moved house.
I think the original intention was that I could sell them on eBay, but
I'm glad
I didn't because now I don't need to buy any.
So.
Why am I rambling on about telephones?
I plugged them in this morning and started to key in the names and
numbers.
I tried to type 'Mum' but I just couldn't do it.
Our phone has always flashed 'Dad & Mum' when my parents have
telephoned, and the thought of Dad disappearing from the phone display
just makes me too sad - it might sound stupid but it just feels, in
another tiny way, like I'd be losing him again.
So, it's staying as 'Dad and Mum'.
I don't care that it's daft, or that it won't ever be Dad on the line.
It just reminds me of him.
I miss him such a lot.

Sent from my iPhone

No comments: