Sunday, February 13, 2011

Tonsillitis?

Oh dear. Charlie woke up last night with a sore throat, and has been complaining about it on and off all day, but nothing too bad. I peered down his throat, but other than a bit of mild redness I couldn't see much.
But heading towards bedtime it seemed to be getting worse, he felt warm and started saying his ears were hurting too. So I had a PROPER look down his throat with a torch and lo and behold, his tonsils are red, swollen and covered in spots.
I feel like such a bad mother. :-(
He's never had tonsillitis before, and I don't know if we need to be more concerned than normal because of his cardiac issues.
So I rang the out-of-hours GP and they want to see him, so we have an appointment at the Royal Infirmary at 8.30pm. We could have had an appointment at our usual hospital, but we would have had to have waited until 10pm.
So Chas is curled up on the sofa, sucking an ice pop and feeling very sorry for himself.
I'm not sure if he'll need antibiotics, but I'm guessing he might - which means he'll need an INR test tomorrow morning (and the morning after, and the morning after...) and his INR will doubtless be all over the place, because antibiotics always make it go squiffy.
I guess he'll probably need at least a couple of days off school - more, if his INR goes through the roof.
Sigh.
Poor Charlie. Get well soon, sweetheart.
I'll let you know what the doctor says.

Sent from my iPhone

No comments: