Saturday, July 09, 2011

Ouch.

Well, it's been an interesting weekend so far.
I fell over last night as I was on my way to bed - I don't really know how I did it - one minute I was about to go up the stairs, then my ankle rolled over and the next thing I knew I was flat on my back on the floor and my ankle was incredibly painful.
Pete, who was already asleep upstairs, woke up and came to help because I really was pretty stuck on the floor. He put an ice pack on my ankle and after I talked him out of taking me to A&E, he helped me up the stairs.
Let's just say it was very undignified and I ended up crawling on my hands and knees to bed. :-(
We were both a bit worried that I might have broken my ankle, because it was so sore and it bruised and swelled straight away. I must admit I was wondering how we were going to manage the summer holidays if I was in plaster and unable to drive the whole time.
But by this morning I could move it, bear weight on it and wiggle all my toes, so I'm putting my money on it just being a painful sprain.
One elastic ankle brace later and I'm up on my feet again - albeit with a bit of a limp!
Charlie is as wonderful as ever - he's playing with his Lego as I write, and is most concerned about my poorly foot! He is counting the days until the end of term - he has lots of plans for the summer hols, and it's not long now before we're off to Tenby for our holiday with Nanny. Fingers crossed the weather sorts itself out before then, or we'll have to take lots of books and board games with us!

Sent from my iPhone

No comments: