Thursday, August 25, 2011

A new haircut and the perils of warfarin...


Wow - this holiday is flying by - Charlie only has just over a week left before he goes back to school.
I hate it when the hols are over - I miss him so much when the house is quiet (and tidy!) again.
Although I probably ought to make the most of the peace and quiet because once he's back at school there will be less than four weeks until the baby is due.
I gave Charlie a pre-going back to school haircut this afternoon - it was getting pretty long and it's so thick it was really making his head hot.
So now he's looking even more smart and handsome than normal!
He's counting the days until we go to London to see Les Miserables. I read that Alfie Boe had to take a few days off sick earlier this month, so I hope he's feeling on top form by next week or I'm going to have a very disappointed son on my hands.
We're looking forward to the long bank holiday weekend - Pete has been so busy with work over the summer hols, it will be lovely to have some quality family time together.
I also thought I'd share Charlie's latest bruise with you - it's a bit of a corker and is spreading right across his shin. We were out shopping with Nanny yesterday and Charlie tripped up some concrete steps and his leg landed hard on the corner of one of them.
It started bruising and swelling straight away so I ran (or should I say waddled...) to a nearby cafe for some ice.
I think icing it promptly helped a bit, but it's still very bruised and sore today.

The photo doesn't really do it justice though - it's like half an egg stuck on his leg and it's quite impressively black, blue and red.
I dread to think what it would have been like if he was nearer the top of his INR range!
Anyway, that's about it for now - I'll update again soon!

No comments: