Thursday, February 13, 2014

Testing out the new luggage!

We've ordered a couple of new bags for our once-in-a-lifetime holiday (which is sneaking up on me very quickly...) and one of them arrived this afternoon.
Rosie climbed straight in and Charlie decided to pull her round and round the ground floor of the house, which she thought was a lot of fun - all I could hear were her giggles as he was wheeling her around.
Charlie, thank goodness, is feeling much like himself now. The antibiotics are doing their job and his throat looks so much better. He's still wincing a bit when he swallows, and is needing paracetamol a couple of times a day, but SO much better than he was on Monday. His INR levels are still a bit squiffy - there were up to 3.3 this morning, which is out of his range, but we've reduced his warfarin for the next few days and I'll test him again on Monday.
He's hoping he's fully recovered by the weekend because he's rather keen to go and see the new Lego movie. I think I'm taking him this time - I've almost forgotten what it's like to go to the cinema to see a film I actually want to see! I was itching to see 'Catching Fire' when it came out, but as per norm, I'll end up waiting for the DVD release! (It comes out just after my birthday so I might have to drop some hints to Pete!)
Anyway, that's about it for now - I'm off to bed!

No comments: